Recycling helps the environment to reduce the need for extracting (quarrying, mining or logging). This helps to avoid creating substantial air and water pollution. It saves energy and reduces the greenhouse effect. Also, by recycling, our environment will have time to recuperate for its losses.
Here are the 10 tips to recycle in your workplace:
- Choose recycled paper and use both sides. By buying recycled papers, you helped the environment to save Old papers can be turned into scratch paper or just recycle it again. You can turn it to another paper craft.
- Old office equipment. Like, computer, laptop, printer, scanner and more If you don’t know how to recycle it, you may donate or sell your old technologies to the market. This way, you save yourself space, time and money.
- Availability of recycling It’s nice to have recycling bins in your office to simply segregate papers, plastics and another kind of trash. Put a label on each recycling bins to avoid mix up.
- Make use of empty ink and toner cartridges. There are refilling stations that your empty ink or toner cartridges can be refilled. It is inexpensive, unlike to buy a new one. Remember, each cartridge have a limit of refills. Do not wait that it reaches it max use, you can also sell all empty in and toner cartridges.
- Newspapers and Magazines. Make use of old newspapers and magazines to make your board lively. By cutting letters, pictures and other things you can use. If can also sell old newspapers and magazines.
- Buy a product that has a recycling Not just paper can be recycled. Your bottle water or other disposable things you use can be recycled.
- Choose re-writable CDs and DVDs. When you have a project or presentation that is done, you can just rewrite or re-use the CD or DVD.
- Purchase rechargeable batteries. The lifespan of regular batteries is short and you will buy batteries many times. Unlike the rechargeable one, the advantage is that you can use it multiple and long time. If it needs to be discharged, recycle them properly.
- Having a cup in your workplace. Bringing your own mug can save the office buying disposable cups.
- Paper bags. Get paper bags when you are buying stuff in the office. You can recycle it by making it useful. Paper Bag For Life.